How to Apply
JCHA continues to accept applications for Public Housing and the Section 8 program. Applications can be requested by calling 814 938 7140 x123
or via email at email@example.com. Please be certain to leave your name, address, and phone number so staff can get an application to you.
In addition, blank applications and completed applications can be picked up and dropped off at the following locations:
- 201 N. Jefferson Street, Punxsutawney PA
- 1039 Grant Street Extension, Reynoldsville PA
- 219 W Liberty Street, Sykesville PA
The drop boxes for completed applications are checked daily.
Those wishing to apply for housing at Toby Terrace, located in Brockway, which JCHA manages, can do so by calling 814 938 7140 x 120 or by
emailing Sharon@jeffcoha.com, and communicating their name, address and phone number.
You will need to provide:
If you do not have all of this information at the time you drop off your application, please make every effort to drop off the required documentation within 7 days.
- Verification of all household incomes
- Wages, Social Security or SSI letter, Child Support, Pension, etc.
- Verification of Assets – Savings & Checking Accounts (2 month bank statement), CD, IRA, Whole Life Insurance Policy, Property Deed & Taxes, etc.
- Social Security cards for all family members
- Photo identification for all adult family members
- Birth certificates for all family members (if available)
- Current and previous landlord name & address
- Previous subsidized housing history
- Military Form DD-214 (if applicable)
- Alternate Contact
Public Housing Income Limits - Effective 4/24/2019
Income cannont exceed the following:
Flat Rent Fees for Public Housing - Effective 4/1/2019
Section 8 HCV Payment Standards - Effective 10/01/2018
Payment Standards for HCV Program is the most the Housing Authority will pay for a rental unit that includes all utilities.
You may be determined ineligible for admission to both public housing and the Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) programs if any of the following applies:
Note: If your application is rejected for any reason, you will be given notice of an opportunity to dispute this decision at an informal review.
- Your annual income exceeds the maximum limits.
- You have an outstanding balance with a subsidized housing provider.
- You have been evicted from subsidized housing in the past three-year period.
- If you have a criminal history of convictions relating to felony offenses, violent crimes or drug possession and/or sales, disorderly conduct, physical or other criminal activity, which would adversely affect the health, safety or welfare of other residents, that criminal history will be reviewed and a decision will be made based according to our Admission and Continued Occupancy Policy (ACOP)
- You have negative Landlord references and rental history.
- Inaccurate or false information will be grounds for denial.